Welcome, Guest

nger that the Coyotes situation stays unresolv
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer Ut elit laoreet ligula hendrerit. Quis convallis ut lacus eros sit tortor egestas enim malesuada consequat.
  • Page:

TOPIC: nger that the Coyotes situation stays unresolv

nger that the Coyotes situation stays unresolv 6 years, 6 months ago #1513

Skylar Diggins knows how much the UConn-Notre Dame game can tell each team about itself. She played in 15 games in the series from 2010-13, and won seven of them with the Fighting Irish.The rivalry changed, certainly, with Notre Dame going to the ACC and UConn then becoming part of the American Athletic Conference in 2013. But its still a measuring-stick game, and Diggins will be courtside at Purcell Pavilion on Wednesday (ESPN2, 7 p.m. ET) to see for herself this No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchup.The Associated Press Top 25 swapped the teams this week as UConn took over the No. 1 spot, with Notre Dame falling to No. 2. The USA Today coaches poll, which came out Tuesday, has the Irish first.Its great were going to have the biggest test this early, but I dont think its a make-or-break for either team, Diggins said. Its going to be a competitive game. I want to see how Brianna Turner plays in this game; shes still finding out how good she is.Notre Dames freshman guards from last year are sophomores now, and theres great leadership from [senior] Lindsay Allen. I think shell be great at the next level in the WNBA.Diggins sounds a bit like a coach saying she wonders if so far, the Irish have played more to the level of the competition than as well as they can play. But she also understands that Notre Dame is a program that gets other teams best effort.As for the Huskies, Diggins said, We know whats going to come from Connecticut. They always bring it. To beat a team like that, you have to take it away from them. Its tough. Im excited about being there to see it, but also about what it does for the young women that are watching it.Diggins is working hard at preparing for her fifth WNBA season next summer, and also is involved in projects like the Allstate WBCA Good Works team, for which shes a panelist. There are 97 womens college basketball players from all divisions nominated for their community service, and that list will be trimmed to a final team of 10 in February by Diggins and the other panelists.I understand what its like to be a student-athlete in their shoes juggling academics, athletics, and work off the court, Diggins said. This is recognition that highlights what you do for other people, and giving back.Thats something thats vital to the WNBA, too. Diggins Dallas Wings had their first season in a new city this past summer after moving from Tulsa. Dallas finished 11-23; Diggins played in 27 games and averaged 13.1 points. She missed most of the 2015 season with a knee injury, and it took some time in 2016 for her to really feel comfortable again.As the season progressed, I felt better and more confident in my knee, Diggins said. With our team, I wish we could have finished in the playoffs. But being our first year in Dallas, we are still building our organization. I feel like we have a lot of the pieces we need.Im looking forward to next season and coming back really feeling like Sky on the floor again. Its hard playing when you dont feel like yourself. I just had to get out there this year, and it was humbling for me. But its going to be in the front of my mind all offseason. Im focused on being 100 percent at the start of next season.Diggins also said that its OK with her that there arent a lot of expectations for Dallas.I think we have to earn our respect, she said. I dont mind being an underdog, though. Well play that role.When she was at Notre Dame, of course, the Irish were rarely underdogs. They made it to the Womens Final Four three times with Diggins, including two championship games.Diggins is among the several Notre Dame and UConn alumni who have gone on to the WNBA, and she credits coaches Muffet McGraw and Geno Auriemma for how they prepare their players to be professionals.Youre talking about two of the best basketball minds -- they teach you the game, she said. They coach in practice, and they make sure their players get it. The players are developed to where they could go and succeed at the next level anywhere.Granted, theyve had a lot of talent to work with. But that says a lot about both staffs, that great players want to come play there, make a difference, and be a part of it. Wayne Chrebet Jersey . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. Keyshawn Johnson Jersey . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker room. www.cheapnewyorkjetsjerseysauthentic.com...ler-catanzaro-jersey . A lawyer for MLB, Matthew Menchel, confirmed Wednesday the league dropped its case against Biogenesis of America, its owner Anthony Bosch and several other individuals. The lawsuit had accused Biogenesis and Bosch of conspiring with players to violate their contracts by providing them with banned performance-enhancing substances. Joe Namath Jersey .B. -- The Baie-Comeau Drakkar took over sole possession of first place atop the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Thursday with their sixth straight win. Muhammad Wilkerson Jersey . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win.CHICAGO -- NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly says its possible the Phoenix Coyotes could relocate if a new ownership group cant reach a deal to keep the team in Glendale, Ariz. The Coyotes unstable situation appears to be the biggest issue facing the league, and commissioner Gary Bettman said "time is getting short" finding a solution to keep the team in Arizona. "Its been a complicated process," Bettman said Wednesday before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. "We, in our minds, understand that were dealing with a time frame, but a specific day isnt going to do it. But time is getting short and this is really going to be a decision that the city of Glendale is going to have to make." Daly said the 2013-14 schedule will be released a bit later than usual in part because of the uncertainty surrounding the Coyotes. "It certainly means that its possible that the team wont play there next year," Daly said. "Were in the short strokes in Phoenix now." Asked about Quebec City, Bettman refused to speculate on potential landing spots for the Coyotes. "Were still focused on making it work with the Coyotes staying in Arizona," he said. "I dont want to begin the process, particularly publicly, where theres going to be a lot of speculation as to where the team might go if it moved because all that would do would be to unfairly raise expectation in places." Seattle, Southern Ontario and Kansas City are among other areas considered ripe for relocation. But Bettman and Daly emphasized, as they did with the Atlanta Thrashers, that moving any team is a last resort. "No matter how this plays out, I dont think anybody can accuse us of kind of (taking) a grass-is-greener approach to this," Daly said. "Weve been committed to this market; weve done everything humanly possible to make this franchise work in this market, and nows the time were going to find out whether that works.dddddddddddd" Bettman and Daly put the pressure on the Glendale city council, even when not revealing any hard deadlines. That city council meets June 25 and the board of governors convenes June 27. Asked if there must be a decision in place by that June 27 meeting, Bettman said "maybe." In that time, he said, "stuff is going to happen," and there could be a resolution before then. In the meantime, the NHL must consider contingency plans. According to the commissioner, there are no shortage of markets or owners that would be willing to take the Coyotes. "There are a number of markets that have been expressing interest to us over the years and the phone keeps ringing more regularly the longer that the Coyotes situation stays unresolved," Bettman said. Bettman wouldnt confirm whether putting the team on hiatus was a possibility, saying only there was a "myriad of options." The Coyotes were reportedly sold to a Canadian-led ownership group which is negotiating with the city of Glendale for a lease at the Jobing.com Arena. "I think everybody knows kind of whats on the table, and I think the puck is pretty much in the city of Glendales end with respect to how theyre going to deal with that," Daly said. The same could be said for NHL players participation in the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia. Bettman said the NHL Players Association had more issues unresolved with getting a deal done but added that it is being worked out "together." "Were optimistic that we can get it done, but it isnt done yet," Bettman said. "Until its all done, it isnt done." Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Impresa di Installazione Impianti, Sistemi e Tecnologie per la Casa

LE NOSTRE SEDI:
Roma, Via Isole Figi 6, CAP 00121 Ostia Lido

Cagliari, Via E. Orlando, 15, Cap. 09127

Partita IVA 04494161005
Reg. Imprese TRIB. ROMA n.3444/93
CCIAA ROMA n. 771935

Il nostro numero verde è: 800 896 931
Il nostro telefono a Roma è: +39 06 5698910
Il nostro telefono a Cagliari è: +39 070 4511501