Welcome, Guest

vers.No other England batsman ma
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer Ut elit laoreet ligula hendrerit. Quis convallis ut lacus eros sit tortor egestas enim malesuada consequat.
  • Page:

TOPIC: vers.No other England batsman ma

vers.No other England batsman ma 6 years, 5 months ago #1644

Jack Laugher and Chris Mears are now Great Britains first diving gold-medalists and in doing so became history-makers but the story of the 3m synchronized diving pair is a remarkable tale.In 2009, by Mears own admission, he was at deaths door after contracting Epstein-Barr virus. Four years ago, at London 2012, Laugher was in tears, completely distraught after crashing out in the first round of the 3m springboard.Now in 2016 the flatmates and diving partners cried tears of joy as they sat huddled under their GB hoodies attempting to compute what they had achieved. It has been some journey.The virus Mears sustained back in 2009 saw him given a five per cent chance of survival but after spending a month in hospital and having had his spleen removed, six years on he was standing in the Maria Lenk Aquatic Centre with a medal around his neck.Thats something that I dont think about too much now, Mears said. I still cant believe its happened, Ill think about it in the future probably. When I went into London and competed well there, that was emotional because of what had happened to me.London changed me as a person and I became more mature and I was in a different position in these Games. Ive come from deaths door to here, Im pretty proud.And for Laugher, it was a tale of redemption. In 2012, when I failed in the diving as an individual, that was a massive setback. But I picked myself up again.I tried to not let it affect me, I tried to use it as a positive and learn from my mistakes. For the following years I became more professional in the way I was training. I moved out of home, started diving full-time and learned the synchro with Chris. I think Id happily take what happened in London for today to have turned out like it did.I wouldnt change a single thing at all. Im just overwhelmed with how Ive done today and to have come from that place to here today, was why I was so emotional poolside.That was my lowest moment in 2012 and today was my highest moment - both coming in two separate Olympics. Its crazy to think, but Im so happy.The diving pool was a murky green but there was nothing off-colour about the duos performance. As they stood preparing to walk up the stairs to the diving board, they moved in perfect harmony and then came their six dives.It started with a back dive pike, then a reverse dive pike and after two rounds they were second. But then as their rivals for the gold starting slipping in precision, Laugher and Mears powered on with the forward 2 ? somersault, two twists pike followed by an inward 3 ? somersault tuck.But then came their fifth dive -- coined the washing machine. They first tried it at the European Championships where they stormed to gold. It was a dive from another planet: one ranked 3.9, the highest difficulty and they nailed their forward 2 ? somersault, three twists pike and cemented their spot at the top.When they first attempted it in London -- a tournament where they took gold -- the judges were caught unawares and underscored them.London was the first time the judges had seen it performed in synchro and I thought my part was under-scored, Laugher said. We were worse than in London but the judging was on point today I thought. We got an 86. We did a fantastic job and we are really happy with the way everything has gone today.Here, in typically British weather as the rain teemed down, that dive -- which scored 86.58 -- put them on the verge of victory and their last dive -- the forward 4 ? somersault tuck -- secured the gold leading to scenes of pure ecstasy. It has made all those dark moments, the touches with mortality worth it.For the flatmates, diving partners and now joint gold-medalists, their lives have now changed forever.It is fantastic for us, Mears said. We only found out it was the first ever gold just over there. I think it is one of the first ever on springboard.We are so overwhelmed with what we have done this year, with all the setbacks and the massive risk of putting that hard dive into our list. The dream has happened and it has paid off and we are ecstatic with how we have done. www.authenticshopbroncos.com/broncos-jor...od-navy-blue-jersey/ . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. www.authenticshopbroncos.com/broncos-ter...is-navy-blue-jersey/ .5 million, one-year contract on Friday. Hawkins, who turns 41 in December, will compete with Rex Brothers for the closers role at spring training. http://www.authenticshopbroncos.com/t-shirts/ . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schools assistant football coach. www.authenticshopbroncos.com/broncos-rya...is-navy-blue-jersey/ . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. www.authenticshopbroncos.com/broncos-dem...re-navy-blue-jersey/ . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies.Beaten quarter-finalists England defeated Namibia by 203 runs in the Under-19 Cricket World Cup to secure a spot in the fifth-place play-off against Pakistan. Durhams Jack Burnham (109) scored his third century in the tournament as England responded well to the disappointment of defeat to Sri Lanka on Sunday.Burnham put on 170 for the second wicket with Nottinghamshires Tom Moores (85) - son of former England head coach Peter - as England set Namibia 287 to win from their rain-reduced 48 overs.No other England batsman managed more than 23, and they somewhat stuttered to their scorre, losing six wickets for 76 runs in the final 10 overs of their innings.ddddddddddddBut an emphatic display with the ball saw the side skittle Namibia for 83 in 26 overs, Hampshire leg-spinner Mason Crane wrapping up the innings and the win, taking 3-3.There is live Under 19 World Cup semi-final action between Bangladesh and West Indies on Sky Sports 2 HD from 2.30am on Thursday, with the seventh-place playoff between Namibia and Nepal available on the Red Button.Watch Englands fifth place play-off against Pakistan live on Sky Sports 2 HD from 2.30am on Friday. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys ' ' '
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Impresa di Installazione Impianti, Sistemi e Tecnologie per la Casa

LE NOSTRE SEDI:
Roma, Via Isole Figi 6, CAP 00121 Ostia Lido

Cagliari, Via E. Orlando, 15, Cap. 09127

Partita IVA 04494161005
Reg. Imprese TRIB. ROMA n.3444/93
CCIAA ROMA n. 771935

Il nostro numero verde è: 800 896 931
Il nostro telefono a Roma è: +39 06 5698910
Il nostro telefono a Cagliari è: +39 070 4511501